Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Don't you hate it …

when you're working on a project (in my case, custom-designed candy bar wrappers) and the power goes out.

Arghhhhh!

Fortunately the power goes out frequently enough here in the Middle of Nowhere that I've learned to save, save, save, especially when I'm working on a Photoshop document.

One of my mother-in-law's favorite foods is a good old-fashioned Hershey bar. No dark chocolate for her, thankyouverymuch, she loves milk chocolate. So we're going to give Hershey bars with personalized wrappers for party favors. Maybe I'll pick up one of those giant-sized bars for her.

I may have found a tutorial on how to make a cupcake-shaped cake without buying the mold. I'll have to study it, but at first glance it looks like it will work.

So. Did I walk yesterday? You betcha! Four miles, outdoors, and it was great. I'll always like walking outdoors better than doing an indoor workout. Pretty soon, I hope, I'll be running outdoors. I keep downloading half- and full marathon training plans for inspiration. One of these days …

Food continues to be good. The big lack in my life is the willingness to pick up a dumbbell. I have a mental block about it, and I'm just going to have to put my big-girl panties on and get over it already!

But probably not today. Heh.

No comments:

Day Last

 Mike finished his chemo yesterday. The cumulative effects of four rounds beginning in early July are making him pretty uncomfortable, and t...