Monday, March 7, 2011

A guilt-free rest day

It's been a long time since I've done absolutely nothing all day long to improve my fitness or maintain my household.

Until yesterday.

When I woke up, it was raining, raining, raining. Within a few hours, the rain was mixed with snow and now we have a couple of inches on the ground.

I could easily have walked the 20 yards or so to the garage to work out on the elliptical, but I made the executive decision to take a day off.

All I did yesterday was prepare dinner, play computer games, knit and watch a movie. It was a lovely day, despite the weather.

Saturday was good, as well. I did my strength-training routine (yay, me!), worked out on the elliptical, got cleaned up and then my husband and I went on a movie date. We weren't the last people in America to see "The King's Speech," but the theatre wasn't very full. Heh.

Shopping, dinner, a movie AND fitness, all in one day. No wonder I needed a day off yesterday! Hope you had a great weekend, as well.


Sent from my U.S. Cellular BlackBerry® smartphone

No comments:

Day Last

 Mike finished his chemo yesterday. The cumulative effects of four rounds beginning in early July are making him pretty uncomfortable, and t...