Thursday, March 3, 2011

Strength training

I found an article in the current issue of Women's Health that lists 12 excellent reasons for women to lift weights. The reasons are compelling, inspiring, motivating, and I know I said I wasn't going to set a strength-training goal, but with this list in hand, I'd be crazy not to.

As I drifted off to sleep last night, I had the grand ambition to lift every other day, using the 10-minute routine I referenced last month. The light of day hasn't dimmed the ambition, a good sign for sure.

The 12 reasons begin with "You'll lose 40 percent more fat," meaning that the pounds you lose won't be muscle and fat, but largely lard.

Therefore, I'm going to cut this short and go lift weights. Really!

P.S. For those of you following my photo blog, I'll be updating it in a few days. My wireless plan limits me to 5GB of data transfer per billing cycles, and I'm running out. Again. I called our local high-speed wireless provider yesterday, but they haven't made it to my neck of the woods (literally) yet. I'm willing to pay an early-out penalty to the current provider (I use a 3G modem from my cellphone company) to get unlimited wireless access. Most people I know pay less than I do and have unlimited access. Grrr.

No comments:

Day Last

 Mike finished his chemo yesterday. The cumulative effects of four rounds beginning in early July are making him pretty uncomfortable, and t...