Skip to main content

All is well

While I can't say I was really worried, I was experiencing a bit of stress about this surgery. But you knew that, right? Heh.

It was over in a flash, as I look back at the day, and my husband didn't even have to spend the night in the hospital. He did amazingly well, and continues to as we rest at the hotel.

His throat is beginning to get a little sore, because of the intubation. The neck wound looks much worse than he says it feels. No dressing – the incision was glued together and the surgical glue protects it as well as a bandage would.

The final pathology report will be available in a week, but the surgeon was extremely confident that it was and is a benign parotid tumor.

We have been treated so well, by every staff member we've dealt with; we couldn't be happier with the hospital and the very professional health care team.

We'll be home tomorrow. Thank you all so very much for your support. You've lifted my spirits more than you'll ever know.

I'm going to leave you tonight with the Friday Quote, a little bit early:

Wake at dawn with a winged heart
and give thanks for another day of loving.
~ Kahlil Gibran


gingersnapper said…
Wonderful news, so glad to hear it!
Catherine said…
Glad to hear your good news.
Anonymous said…
What lovely news! I hope both of you continue to improve.
denise said…
That's great news to hear everything has gone this well so far.

I will only caution you not to get discouraged if today or tomorrow is a tough day. I've been through a couple of surgeries and in all cases, I felt great immediately after and then had a horrible day on the 2nd or 3rd day, after which there's a steady recovery day-to-day.

Perhaps this is from overdoing the first day when you feel so good...or maybe it takes your body a day or two to realize the full trauma of the surgery...who knows. And, of course it's only my experience and may not apply to your husband. Just a warning that it's not the end of the world if there's an apparent setback!

Hope he experiences a steady and speedy recovery.
altopower said…
So happy the surgery is behind you and the doctors are confident that the news is good. And that you both were treated so well by the hospital staff and care team.

Rest up the two of you, and give thanks for each other. Love the quote :)

Popular posts from this blog


Update on the water: the circuit breaker tripped, either due to a power surge when the electricity came back on last night OR when lightning struck in the area. My neighbor's electric fence control box got hit in the same area. He was able to reset the circuit breaker for us and we have WATER! I think I'll go do a load of laundry. Heh.


Well. Well, well, well. Should this morning's scale number be divided between two weeks, or did all of it happen this past week? It's an easy number to divide, and I've been consistent for two weeks, so it should probably be split, doncha think?

That means I lost three pounds for each of the last two weeks. SIX pounds total. Excuse me, I mean
SIX!!!!!! I'm going to do everything I can to stay on track while I'm gone this week. There's little more I can promise. I'm really motivated to keep it up. The dumbbells are packed (and my luggage weighs a ton!), I'm taking a thermos of water in the car and I know where are the rest stops are between here and Nashville. I think I'll walk a bit at each of them, then walk again when I arrive at my destination. Hope to get a total of 80 minutes done by the end of the day. SIX!!!!!!

And the winner is …

Kitten with a Whiplash, who left two comments and it was the second (which had nothing to do with the contest) which won the prize. Congratulations, and since the Kitten was the only commenter who expressed any interest in actually winning it, I'm so glad the Universe took care of it. Heh.

What a weekend! But first, how was yours? I hope you did some fun stuff and got some necessary stuff done, as well. It's all about balance.

Saturday was our fun day (but we had to drive, drive, drive to get there and then drive, drive, drive home again, all in one day, boy was I tired). We went to my husband's granddaughter's first birthday party. In addition to a sweet little doll, suitable for ages 0+ (meaning it has no parts that will come loose, and do you know how difficult it is to find dolls for babies when you live in the Middle of Nowhere?), I made her this:

I haven't sewn anything in a month of Sundays, so was a little apprehensive about finishing it on time, but this p…