Wednesday, May 4, 2011

So much for cleaning out the stash

I was pretty busy in the morning, had errands to run and chores to do after lunch, and didn't get home until after 3 p.m. And yes, I could have started a major project at 3 p.m., but by that time of day I'm ready for a break, not a major project. So my good intentions have been put on hold for a few more days.

Here's what kept me busy yesterday morning:

Weeding peas.
Weeding cabbages.
Planting blackberries.
Weeding and mulching strawberries.
Gazing with wonder at the basil (and other herbs), which survived transplanting and is positively thriving!
I have to work for a few hours today and then head to North Carolina this afternoon. My husband's surgery is tomorrow morning at Wake Forest. I'll check in here sometime tomorrow, probably not early, though.

We don't know what to expect as far as his recovery goes. I hope he won't be in a lot of pain, but anytime a surgeon penetrates skin, there's going to be pain. Hey, I can call him a pain in the neck and mean it! Heh.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a productive morning! Now the plants are ready to go and make food. I hope that everything goes smoothly for husband's surgery - will be sending up prayers for you both.

Vickie said...

good luck!

loved the pics.

ps - Neck IS a tough healing place because it seems like anytime we move any part of the body, it impacts the neck. I had to be super careful for many weeks.

denise said...

Hope the surgery goes well.

But I'm afraid you'll have to revise your idea, as there's clearly a big difference between BEING a pain in the neck and HAVING a pain in the neck...although I suppose it could end up feeling the same to you! ;-)

Catherine said...

Hope everything goes well.

Day Last

 Mike finished his chemo yesterday. The cumulative effects of four rounds beginning in early July are making him pretty uncomfortable, and t...