Sunday, October 16, 2011

Stats, Week 2, Day 7

Yay! This is the last day you have to suffer through every bite that passed my lips. Good thing, too, because I'm going to be out of town beginning tomorrow and will have less time to log it twice. Logging it once at FatSecret is enough!

Today was a rough one. Our little town has a railroad festival two weekends in October every year. This was the first weekend of the event, and I volunteered my time at the Democratic women's booth selling bumper stickers. My husband's childhood friend grew up to be a jazz drummer and he came home to entertain at the festival. (He also was inducted into West Virginia's Music Hall of Fame this weekend, one of those hometown boys makes good things that makes the whole town proud.)

I walked from 7:20 to 8:30, and if you're one of my Facebook friends you got to see the sunrise with me. It really was lovely. By 10 a.m. we were downtown and the rest of the day was not my own. You'd think with festival food that I'd be reporting all kinds of horrible stuff, but you would be wrong. I walked up and down checking out all the vendors, but didn't see a thing I wanted. Or, rather, I didn't see a thing I wanted to stand in line for.

So I skipped lunch and had the last piece of leftover lasagna for dinner, just now. I certainly overdid the carbs today, and definitely underdid the fruits and vegetables, but at last I'm no longer hungry. I've been hungry for a couple of hours. And I didn't die!


I also skipped the lower-body strength-training today. For no good reason, and I could still work it in later, maybe, but I'm awfully tired and probably won't. Maybe I'll do some pliƩs while I brush my teeth before bed.

Breakfast was the yogurt, banana, granola combo.
Dinner was leftover lasagna, a slice of buttered whole-wheat bread and a banana.

Two meals and no snacks was not how I'd planned today. I did get all the water in, though!

I'm going to weigh myself in the morning and will post the result here before I leave. I wish I could have waited one more week to make this trip. The '21 days to make a habit' is probably going to be cut short; I don't know how I'm going to manage to keep all those balls in the air when I'm not at home. But I'm needed now, and some things are more important than others.

I'm packing my eight-pound dumbbells. (Gingerzingi, thank you for suggesting I get a barbell and plates. I have some, they are definitely waiting in the wings for when I'm badass enough to move up.) I should be able to continue the water, which I really do like, and no one is more surprised than I at that. Not sure how I'll fit a four-miler in every day, but I'll do what I can. Of course, not snacking can be done anywhere, anytime, but I have to tell you that in my previous lives road trips have been one. long. snack. So we'll see what happens.

I may or may not blog while I'm gone. Depends on how tired I am and how much free time I have. If my husband or my dog knew how to work the computer, I'd let one of them take over. They'll probably have enough to do just holding down the fort.

As always, thanks for sticking with me, and thanks for all your encouraging words and thoughts and suggestions. Two weeks into this I'm feeling good. My morning date with the scale is incidental.

No comments:

Day Last

 Mike finished his chemo yesterday. The cumulative effects of four rounds beginning in early July are making him pretty uncomfortable, and t...