Thursday, October 27, 2011

Stats, Week 4, Day 4

After I posted this morning I got really discouraged. My actions today certainly didn't meet the level of my intentions. Kitten, your comment gave me a lot to think about, and I really appreciate your in-depth analysis of the nutritional needs of someone who is going through an injury rehab. I especially appreciate yours and Denise's encouragement about doing some kind of core work.

So. Here's how the day started out, all golden and glowy and amazing:

This mountain is west of our house. It was afire from the sunrise for about 10 minutes this morning.
And it was all downhill from there.

I drank only two 16-oz. cups of water.
I did not get on the elliptical.
Today was lower-body strength training, and of course I didn't do any of it.
I ate three meals, supplemented with a Tootsie Pop around 4:30. After I got up from a nap.
I journaled everything I ate. Including the Tootsie Pop.

All in all, I felt (and still feel) very discouraged. I hope this is one of those quickly passing moods, instead of the kind that settle in for, oh, as long as it takes plantar fasciitis to heal.

Sigh.

1 comment:

Kitten With a Whiplash said...

I know your discouraged, and I'm not surprised. You've been doing so well, and nobody likes to be kept down from doing what they want to do.

If you rested today, it's because you needed the rest, and you may need a little more. Listen to your body, not the chart on the wall. It really is smarter than a piece of paper.

This injury is just a speed bump, not a brick wall. And speed bumps are there to make sure we're moving at a safe pace. Cut yourself a little slack, but just a little. Heck, you can even wallow in some well deserved self-pity if you want, but just for a little while.

Remember to ease back into your routines when you're ready. Even if it means lowering your reps or shortening/slowing your walks for a day or two, it's better than aggrevating your injury.

On the water issue, don't let yourself dehydrate while you're healing.

Pretty soon you'll be yourself again, and then that mountain will see what it really means to be glowing and golden!

Day Last

 Mike finished his chemo yesterday. The cumulative effects of four rounds beginning in early July are making him pretty uncomfortable, and t...