Wednesday, June 20, 2012

June 20 - Fave photo you've ever taken

A somewhat odd choice, you might think, to be the favorite photo I've ever taken.
If I'd chosen a grandchild shot, the other grandchildren would have been left out.
And I've taken so many pictures of my little Hershey girl it's hard to choose a favorite.

The entire experience taking this shot made me feel like a "real" photographer.
It was the first time I'd gone to the tunnel (this is Big Bend Tunnel in Talcott, WV,
home of the John Henry legend). I took dozens of shots, each one slightly different.
I love the pinhole of light at the other end of the tunnel. Also, it was a spur of the moment
idea and it fulfilled one of Instagram's Weekend Hashtag projects. It wasn't chosen as a
featured shot, but I think it was worthy.

The only other photo I considered for today's prompt was of a slice of apple pie.
Mmmmmmm, pie. =)

1 comment:

Notes from Maggie's Farm said...

I love this photo. Love that it's a little off kilter, like me, and yes, that pinpoint of light. Clearly the judges haven't been in a place in their lives where that pinpoint of light at the end of the tunnel is all that we have to focus upon.

I recently entered a few photos in a competition, and the one I love the most got nada attention. Maybe it's our perspective that's needed, too.

Day Last

 Mike finished his chemo yesterday. The cumulative effects of four rounds beginning in early July are making him pretty uncomfortable, and t...