Wednesday, June 20, 2012

June 20 - Fave photo you've ever taken

A somewhat odd choice, you might think, to be the favorite photo I've ever taken.
If I'd chosen a grandchild shot, the other grandchildren would have been left out.
And I've taken so many pictures of my little Hershey girl it's hard to choose a favorite.

The entire experience taking this shot made me feel like a "real" photographer.
It was the first time I'd gone to the tunnel (this is Big Bend Tunnel in Talcott, WV,
home of the John Henry legend). I took dozens of shots, each one slightly different.
I love the pinhole of light at the other end of the tunnel. Also, it was a spur of the moment
idea and it fulfilled one of Instagram's Weekend Hashtag projects. It wasn't chosen as a
featured shot, but I think it was worthy.

The only other photo I considered for today's prompt was of a slice of apple pie.
Mmmmmmm, pie. =)

1 comment:

  1. I love this photo. Love that it's a little off kilter, like me, and yes, that pinpoint of light. Clearly the judges haven't been in a place in their lives where that pinpoint of light at the end of the tunnel is all that we have to focus upon.

    I recently entered a few photos in a competition, and the one I love the most got nada attention. Maybe it's our perspective that's needed, too.

    ReplyDelete

We LOVE comments! Your turn!