Monday, August 11, 2014

It figures …

So. The day I post about not posting as much, I get an e-mail announcing one of my previous posts is going to be featured on BlogHer.

So if you're visiting from that link, welcome! I used to post every day but life has been getting in the way. And that post about Facebook connecting me with the outside world? Well, my connections with the outside world are keeping me Too. Busy. To. Blog.

At least to blog as much as I used to. Heh.

But it's all good.

Getting back on the nutrition-and-exercise horse is going well so far. I had the opportunity yesterday to fall into a pan of free pepperoni rolls, but I resisted. There was cake, too, which I also resisted. The meeting I went to was mid-afternoon, not one of my usual eating times. I had a couple meatballs, because I was a little hungry, but instead of dwelling on what I couldn't have, I enjoyed what I could.

Aaaaand … I took a walk yesterday morning before I went to the meeting. So, yay me!

Congressman Nick Rahall (WV-03) rallying the
troops at a Democratic strategy session in Beckley.
He'd done so much for southern WV and we can't
afford to lose his experience and seniority.
The strategy session was all about GOTV – get out the vote – and we were somewhat astonished to learn that Democratic women is the voter group that had dropped most dramatically from 2010 to 2012. We need to find those women and learn why they're no longer interested in the process.

And then get them interested again.

It's a challenge, but one I'm up for. It's probably happening where you live, as well. If so, I hope you'll share your ideas, plans and successes in getting women to vote and in getting Democrats to vote for Democrats.

'Cause I gotta tell you – in a blue state turning red, it ain't easy.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the fame and, presumably, fortune from the BlogHer repost!

And keep up your good work - it's hard to believe Democratic women have lost interest! the politics of these past years have been ENORMOUSLY influential on women, and not in a good way. This is a critical moment and we can't afford to lose our voice and our rights. Because we see how well things have gone when Republican men have decided for us...

Anonymous said...

I want to amend that to say "conservative" men - that's the issue more than the party affiliation...

Debbi said...

How about "conservative men afflicted with control issues?"

I look at what has happened in your state and I see WV following right down that slippery slope. It seems as though voters here have blinders on, however. Koch Brothers and Americans for Prosperity are pouring MILLIONS of dollars into WV GOP coffers. I just hope we can shout louder than their money can.

Day Last

 Mike finished his chemo yesterday. The cumulative effects of four rounds beginning in early July are making him pretty uncomfortable, and t...