Thursday, October 9, 2014

Doing WELL

I've missed one walk this week, when I really needed a down day. Burning the candle at both ends really takes it out of me and a recent rest day felt good. But I've MADE time to walk every other day and I know it's good for my body and my mind.

And because we're having such a beautiful fall this year, it's good for my soul, as well.

I'm still running behind on reading others' blogs and I apologize for that. It won't be long until life returns to whatever normal looks like.

I read yet another article a couple days ago suggesting caffeine might inhibit weight loss. Since I'm doing everything else by the book and the extra pounds aren't budging, I'm going to cut back gradually with the idea of switching completely to herb tea within a couple weeks. I don't have time for withdrawal headaches right now by going cold turkey.

The thing I love most about coffee is that it's right there, hot and ready to pour. Tea is a process: heating the water, putting the tea mixture into a tea ball (what I'm using now is loose tea, not tea bags), steeping, then getting rid of the tea leaves. It isn't a big deal, truly, but it certainly takes more time and thought than pouring coffee into a mug.

Oh. Well.

The decision has been made and I've share the commitment here. We'll see how it goes. I had two mugs (which is about four cups) yesterday morning. I cut that in half this morning. One of my hopes is that drinking less coffee will open up the possibility of drinking more water, which is something I just don't do at all.

It's all habits … and if a good one can replace a not-as-good one, then … that's GOOD!

No comments:

Day Last

 Mike finished his chemo yesterday. The cumulative effects of four rounds beginning in early July are making him pretty uncomfortable, and t...