Sunday, April 19, 2015

Have you ever been so tired you couldn't sleep?

I have so much going on right now, it's crazy.

And when I go to bed at night, my brain keeps working. I was in bed by 9, but awake until midnight, with various and sundry plans and projects churning around in my head.

I got a little more than five miles in yesterday, which is good because I only got three today. It's raining now, and will continue to rain for the rest of the day. Glad I walked early.

It's Amish church day. Several buggies passed me going the opposite direction. The two communities take turns every other week hosting services. The men and boys are all dressed up in their whitest white shirts, the women and girls have their sweet little bonnets and plain, solid-colored dresses. They wave and call out "Good morning" and probably wonder why I'm not at church.

My church is on the road. My commune with nature is sufficient, for now, for my spiritual growth. And should I feel the need for more, I know where to find it.

Day 18 DONE!


4 comments:

Unknown said...

I hate that tired-wired feeling. It's really tough for me to get to sleep sometimes. Practicing my yoga breath (or any kind of breathing exercise) sometimes helps, as does getting up and writing down what's bothering me.

denise said...

I know that feeling well - and one of the things that brings it on for me is alcohol, which is why I've never been a drinker. When I drink, I can hardly hold my eyes open, but when I try to go to sleep, my mind is going a mile a minute. Hate it!

denise said...

(Took a chance that this new comment format would work - and it did! No need to switch to Chrome - Yay!)

Debbi said...

Tired-wired … what a great description, Jen.

YAY for not having to switch to Chrome, Denise! As you can probably guess, my drinking led to passing out, eventually. But I'm not ready to try it again!

Day Last

 Mike finished his chemo yesterday. The cumulative effects of four rounds beginning in early July are making him pretty uncomfortable, and t...