Wednesday, April 29, 2015

The penultimate day

Today.

Tomorrow.

That's it! Whole 30 will be done and dusted Thursday night, just in time for me to head out for a short trip on Friday.

Why would I want to change what I've been doing, since it works so well? The answer is, I don't. But moving from a strict Whole 30 to the less-challenging but basically the same paleo/primal plan makes it a little easier to manage when I'm not the cook.

Most people – I think, I'm not sure – who eliminate grains/dairy/sugar/legumes do so on an 80/20 basis. If they're compliant 80 percent of the time, the other 20 percent off-plan doesn't bother them. I try to keep that principle in mind when I'm not doing the cooking, but I think I've finally learned my gluten lesson. Since we are all our own science experiments, my conclusion for me is that grains – especially wheat – aren't my friend.

Also … why would I want to change to anything other than THIS for breakfast?
If we're not Facebook or Instagram friends, you missed my most favorite walking pictures so far this year. My friend Lynne and I used to walk on Indian Creek Road several times weekly. Yesterday, we did it again, for the first time in far too many months. It was SO beautiful – a perfect spring day – and we solved all the problems of the world in 90 minutes.

Well, at least in our little personal worlds.

The wild phlox was especially lovely, and walking alongside Indian Creek is almost as nice as walking along the ocean. Maybe better … we didn't get sand in our shoes.

Day 28 DONE!

No comments:

Day Last

 Mike finished his chemo yesterday. The cumulative effects of four rounds beginning in early July are making him pretty uncomfortable, and t...