Monday, May 18, 2015

The green, green grass … and hay … and weeds

Side-of-the-road weeds, walking back home.
Oh, my, are the weeds ever, um, weedy.

I'm at a loss. Seriously. There's no way I can get a handle on them.

Maybe cardboard. Just cover them up and throw mulch on top and call it done. But I don't even have the motivation to do that. I just close my eyes when I walk down the driveway.

Which I did (walk, not close my eyes) yesterday! It was only two miles, but that was more than the previous day, and way more than half of last week. I wasn't short of breath, I wasn't tired, and my hip didn't hurt until I'd turned around to come back home.

I rested for a little bitty bit and then looked at my list – yes, I really did make one – and chose to work on the upstairs office.

Ran the sweeper, cleaned out two large lidded tubs of stuff, and made a workstation/craft table out of two filing cabinets and a door. The two tubs held some treasures – hand-signed photos and letters from West Virginia politicians Robert C. Byrd, Jay Rockefeller and Nick Rahall – along with two trash bags of detritus collected over several years.

I felt so good after I was done I almost wanted a cigarette. (I'm glad to report my mood has picked up every so slightly.)

I also did the laundry, ordered some supplies I need for the two meetings I'm doing (one in June, one in September), started the Keynote project (I'm loving Keynote, by the way), and added these items to the to-do list:

Organize

  • Pinterest
  • Dropbox
  • Drive

How sad is it that my organizational tools end up needing organizing?

For instance, my Dropbox has a knitting folder. So every time I find a knitting pattern I want to keep (but not print), I throw it in that folder. But knitting pattern titles are sometimes not especially descriptive. Would you know, for instance, that KFI_free_pattern-169143.pdf is a pattern for a large over-the-shoulder bag? No. You wouldn't. And neither would I.

So my plan is to put all the bag (mitten/cardigan/pullover/scarf) patterns in their own sub-folders. I want to do this with all the recipes, as well.

Which. Will. Take. A. Long. Time.

Too bad I just can't throw cardboard and mulch over the digital weeds.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OmG! After something like 15 years as an ex-smoker I've been craving cigarettes like crazy recently. How can that happen?

Day Last

 Mike finished his chemo yesterday. The cumulative effects of four rounds beginning in early July are making him pretty uncomfortable, and t...