Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Yesterday's gone

And I really didn't get to knock off much of that list.

But that doesn't mean I didn't get a lot of stuff done. I should have added "go to recycling center" and "visit Pat" to the list. Then I could have crossed them off. Heh.

My husband found a recycling center that takes anything with a cord (as well as everything else). And you know how things with cords tend to pile up after a while. Especially electronic things – broken monitors, anyone? We loaded some stuff into the truck and made the trip, dumping the treadmill – which hasn't worked in a very long time – and a cheap weight bench. And a monitor.

Afterward we visited a sick friend in the hospital. She's critically ill, and it was difficult to see her with all the monitors and tubes and equipment. She's in ICU and is receiving excellent care. I had dinner with her just a couple weeks ago …

I worked on the Keynote presentation for about 90 minutes when we got home. I don't know if PowerPoint does the same things Keynote does – my online research indicated Keynote's animation features are something PowerPoint can't do. Keynote is meeting my needs, and has so far been easy to learn. The big thing for me will be to make sure I hit the space bar in a timely manner in order to move the presentation along.

I keep thinking it's a movie, and will play itself.

Walked three miles yesterday, and am going to do four today. Slowly climbing out of the hole I've been in for longer than I like.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I TOTALLY add things to my list after I've done them, just so I can cross them off.

Day Last

 Mike finished his chemo yesterday. The cumulative effects of four rounds beginning in early July are making him pretty uncomfortable, and t...