Friday, January 12, 2018

I. Want. This. Poster.



We're going to see the film either today or tomorrow. 

The poster costs $50, which is far more than I want to pay for it. But as a graphic designer, I absolutely love it. I guess I'll console myself by knowing it would not fit in with my decor anywhere except the eclectic and cluttered upstairs office. And really? This poster deserves better than that.

I began painting the interior of the house almost four years ago, and with a morning furniture delivery I will be able to say my house is done. During that four years, all the walls and woodwork have been painted (walls going from soft grey to vanilla, taupe, and cocoa, and woodwork from dark grey to pure white). Nearly all the interior doors, formerly bifolds that frustratingly came off the tracks regularly, are now six-panel wooden doors with lever door handles.

The entry door was a heavy slider that took two men and a boy to open and close, due to some kind of internal breakdown. It's been replaced with a real door with a fixed side window.

The flooring was replaced many years ago, going from carpeting to laminate flooring. I'd rather have hardwood, but I'm okay with the laminate and have no plans to change it. The guest and master bedrooms are carpeted.

The only minor project left is refinishing the master bathtub, which has to wait for warmer weather because the chemicals are vicious and the window has to be open. And I might replace the guest bath flooring, but I recently scrubbed it and it looks good, so maybe not.

Having an armoire and bookshelves in the master bedroom will give me tons of storage space. The ongoing decluttering project will likely never be complete, but I'm going to attempt to live by this rule:
And with that, I leave you for today, not thinking about #PresidentShithole, oh, no, not me, but thinking about how we can all …

be kind.

No comments:

Day Last

 Mike finished his chemo yesterday. The cumulative effects of four rounds beginning in early July are making him pretty uncomfortable, and t...