Saturday, January 13, 2018

Is it ever finished, though?

Yesterday I said the house was done, referring to interior redecorating. As I loaded books onto the shelves of the new-to-me pieces in the master bedroom, I realized that the decluttering will most likely never be done. Those three pieces of furniture – two tall bookshelves with closed shelving below flanking an armoire – will store a lot of "stuff." My goal is to make sure the stuff is worthy of storing.

And already, as I placed old pilot logbooks (my father's and mine, he's been dead for seven years and I haven't been pilot-in-command in more than 20) on a top shelf, I wondered who would ever want to look at these? Why am I saving them? Am I that sentimental?

Apparently, I am. For now.

When I wasn't playing a mind-numbing game on my phone or making meatballs (these are seriously delicious, with or without the "gravy") or vacuuming or moving books, I was enraged at President Shithole. Toward the end of the day (my end is usually around 9 pm) I got a text from my daughter who told me to RIGHT NOW go watch Letterman's show on Netflix.

I couldn't watch RIGHT NOW because I was nearly asleep. But I watched it FIRST THING this morning. She suggested I might want to have a box of tissues handy, and she was right, but don't let that stop you from watching it. No more spoilers from me.

We're going to see The Post today, if the roads aren't still icy this afternoon. If I love the movie as much as I think I will, I'm going to print that poster image (from yesterday) on photo paper, mount it in the center of a much larger frame, and hang it in my living room, where I can see it every day. Décor be damned. Maybe if I played with the image in Photoshop I could make it less grey/more brown. Even though I realize the grey is all part of the whole newspaper image (if you squint at a page of newsprint, what color is it?).

I didn't exercise yesterday, unless you count carrying armloads of books from one room to another. I managed to get to about 70% of my step goal just doing that. It did, however, feel good to take a day off.

Still doing well with the Whole 30. See ^^^meatballs^^^. And one more thing.

Be kind.

No comments:

Day Last

 Mike finished his chemo yesterday. The cumulative effects of four rounds beginning in early July are making him pretty uncomfortable, and t...