Friday, August 7, 2009

Friday Quote Day

The game of life is the game of boomerangs.
Our thoughts, deeds and words
return to us sooner or later,
with astounding accuracy.


~ Florence Shinn


Remember when I told you I was going to be walking because I was so fat I thought running might be too stressful on my knees? You don't? Well, I did, and it appears I was right.

Grrr.

My left knee was very ouchy all day yesterday and, while I can walk, it's very painful to do so. I iced it last night and I know it will get better – I've done this before – but in the meantime I really, really, really need to learn to take my own advice.

Yesterday's walk was half walk, half run. Some of the running was uphill, but most of it was downhill and that's the best way to injure a knee. But it felt so good to be flying down those hills. (Flying is, of course, a relative term, as the Garmin indicated I was only flying at about 6 mph.)

When I got home I cleaned the house and then worked in the yard and garden. I was busy from 9 to 4, almost non-stop. What will I do when there's no more garden to work play in?

Will I let my knee injury stop me from walking five miles today? I don't think so. Never let it be said I'm OCD or anything, but I'm not going to let this break my streak. I'll wear a patella strap and hope for the best.

3 comments:

Jennette Fulda said...

Ugh, injuries suck! Hope you feel better soon.

Lori G. said...

Ugh, well, you have my sympathy with the knee problems. Maybe it's just hyperextended and with some REST it will feel better.

Good luck on your trip today! I'm looking forward to hearing about that.

Amy said...

I hate knees, I think we should all have those bionic running legs. Seriously.

Day Last

 Mike finished his chemo yesterday. The cumulative effects of four rounds beginning in early July are making him pretty uncomfortable, and t...